Learn the fundamental skills to safely operate a motorcycle and qualify for an insurance discount in South Carolina (contact your insurance company to verify eligibility). Designed for novice riders and those returning to riding after an extended absence, the BRC course includes an online e-course, classroom instruction and a riding assessment. Upon successful completion you receive a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) card.
** To be eligible to take the Motorcycle Basic Rider (BRC) class, enrollees must:
- present a print copy of your e-course completion certificate on Friday evening.
- be eligible to apply for a driver’s license if they do not currently hold one
- must be able to ride a bicycle
- have written parental consent if under 18
** To be eligible for the MSF evaluation to act as your SC DMV skills test, you must produce:
- a valid S.C. Drivers’ License at the start of class
- a valid SC Motorcycle Beginner’s Permit in hand
Uniform and Materials:
- Training bikes are provided; however, riders with some experience may bring their street legal, registered and insured personal bikes for use in the course, if they so choose.
- It is highly encouraged students bring their own helmets to the course, but a loaner helmet can be provided if necessary.
COVID-19 Pandemic Special Notice:
- Due to the COVID-19 emergency, and for the benefit of the motorcycle safety training community, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) now requires all students to sign, the COVID-19 liability waiver prior to attending and participating in any in-person safety course.
- If that is not possible, students MUST sign the COVID-19 liability waiver outside or "at the door" and before they are admitted to the premises of the safety course.