Learn medical terminology, administrative office skills, and clinical patient skills required of a registered Medical Assistant. Medical assistants work in hospitals, physician offices, and labs. Learn how to draw blood, perform EKGs, take health histories and more.
80% of our students get hired after their externship. Medical assistants are in high demand in our area!
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant examination given by the American Medical Technologists Association (AMT).
TTC students have an average of 82% success rate for this national certification exam.
This Scholarship program includes tuition, books, a drug screen, and a national criminal background report, for SC resident students that complete the Scholarship application here: https://www.tridenttech.edu/ce/funding/workforce-pathways-scholarship.htm
First-day Orientation class attendance is mandatory on campus, not attending will result in dismissal from the program. This hybrid evening class program is:
- Must be 18 years of age, a high school graduate or possess an equivalency (GED).and provide a copy of a Driver's License or proof of identity.
- Major medical insurance is required of all students throughout the program, from the start date to the end of the clinical externship.
- Complete prescreening requirements in Reading, Writing and Math using the standardized Accuplacer test offered through TTC’s Testing Center in the Student Center (Bldg. 410) at Trident Technical College Thornley Campus. The minimum scores that must be achieved are 240 in each: Reading, Writing, and in Math.
- Complete the Scholarship application if you are an SC resident; https://www.tridenttech.edu/ce/funding/workforce-pathways-scholarship.htm Once completed Registration will contact the student to process.
- Registration closes 3 business days prior to the course start date.·
- online 2 evenings live & remote (M/T)
- on campus 3 evenings per week (W/Th/F) for lab skills practice
Students must have access to a computer with a webcam and microphone, smartphones do NOT work for this program. See the program schedule at the bottom of this page, attendance is strict.
Costs responsible by students:
Navy blue scrub uniform top & bottom, white athletic or nurse shoes, a 2-step PPD skin test, tetanus vaccine, Covid vaccine & booster, proof of childhood MMR or titer, flu vaccine, meningitis immunization, Hep B vaccine, and major medical insurance. Students are responsible for these costs within the first weeks of the program start date.
Included in this program under the State Scholarship:
- Book vouchers are given on the first day of class.
- Cengage, Medical Assisting 9th edition ebook by Blesi with Mindtap access code thru Cengage Unlimited 12-month access card.
- AHA BLS/CPR book and mask.
- Blood pressure cuff and stethoscope.
- A drug screen and a national criminal background screen. If either of these are in question please consult with the Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org